- Riverton Public Transportation Service. (RPTS)
- Curb-to-curb transit service.
- Rides anywhere in Riverton, WY, within one mile of the city limits.
- Not limited to senior citizens.
Riders must be 18 years of age or older.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by and adult, with proper car seat as required by law. (No rides to or from school)
- All busses have a lift ramp.
- Reliable busses.
- Safe drivers.
- Our RPTS drivers are certified in Defensive Driving, CPR, Passenger Service, and Safety.
- With RPTS, Safety is always First.
- RPTS will not be available ondesignated holidays, or under special considerationsfor closure.
- We will make every effort to announce closures in advance.
Rider's code of conduct
Any person who rides on-board a Riverton Public Transportation vehicle is deemed to have accepted the normal risks that may be encountered when traveling on a public vehicle. Drivers are trained to operate in a safe and professional manner at all times. Passengers are reminded that, as with any vehicle traveling on public roads, sudden stops may occur without warning. Please use seatbelts for your own safety.
- Wear a shirt and shoes
- Be ready when your bus arrives. The drivers can only wait on you for 5 minutes, then they will leave. The have other rides after you and if you’re late that makes the other riders late for their appointments.
- Drivers cannot refund money from the fare box.
- Please have the exact change. Drivers cannot make change. If you pay more than the fare we can always put the extra as a credit for your next ride.
- Please stay behind the white line when the bus is in motion.
- Refrain from fighting, vulgarity, pushing or disruptive behaviour. No smoking, eating or drinking on the bus.
- Companion and service animals are welcome but must be carried or on a leash. Cats must be in a carrier at all times.
- Rides will be limited to 2 places per person per day. We have a large number of rides each day and do not have the time or driver availability to take one person to more than 2 places per day.
- Our service is curb to curb and we cannot carry heavy items for you. If you are going to need help carrying packages, kplease have an escort with you or waiting for you when you get home. We will provide a free ride for your escort. We realize that some of you may not be physically able to carry some items but, at the same time, our dirvers are also seniors and are not physically apable of assisting you with some things.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Riverton Public Transportation